|The Orange County Auto Theft TaskForce (OCATT) is
a multi-jurisdictional law enforcement program. OCATT investigates,
arrests and prosecutes professional and career criminals responsible for
Orange County, California, vehicle thefts.
Orange County law enforcement agencies are involved in OCATT, which officially
began operations in July, 1993. OCATT currently has eleven full-time
auto theft detectives assigned from local law enforcement agencies, one
lieutenant, two sergeants, one full-time deputy district attorney, a crime analyst, one
administrative assistant, and a full time accountant. An Agent from the National Insurance Crime Bureau also participates
in the program.
OCATT's operational objectives are:
- Locate, investigate, arrest and prosecute the professional
- Reduce vehicle theft
- Increase stolen vehicle recovery
- Identify suspicious business locations for chop
- Provide a centralized location for vehicle theft
investigations, expertise, assistance and cooperation, and training for
local police agencies and insurance company special investigation units
- Identify, evaluate and document various trends and
patterns of vehicle theft
- Interface with local law enforcement, the public,
and private industry
- Provide a public awareness forum through training
and the local media
OCATT Personnel Remembered
OCATT Founding Members - 1993
Our Missing Members (Now part of God's team)
September 14, 2004
Orange Co D.A.
July 16, 2011
Orange Co Sheriffs
December 16, 2011
April 28, 2012
Orange Co D.A.
January 16, 2014
Buena Park P.D.
September 1, 2015
Costa Mesa P.D.
February 24, 2017